Saturday, December 25, 2010

Kickin' back: Tampa Bay Buccaneers offensive lineman Ted Larsen

By Stephen F. Holder, Times Staff Writer
Saturday, December 25, 2010

You're playing in your hometown, which is kind of nice. Do you feel fortunate to be playing your rookie season in front of your family and familiar faces?

It's nice. That's the No. 1 question I get, how do I like playing at home. But (my family) is still all the way across the bridge (in Palm Harbor). But it's good. I get to see them on game days, so that's good.

How much do you get to interact with your family with such a busy schedule? Are you able to get home and enjoy mom's cooking sometimes?

Sometimes, but I feel like any time I'm free, they're busy. Even on holidays, we're busy here.

I know you have a younger brother who plays football at your alma mater (N.C. State). Does he brag much about his brother playing for the Bucs, which I might do if I was him?

Actually, I think he's kind of sick of the question. He gets it from everybody. I think he actually wants to establish himself on his own. He's doing well though.

What position does he play?

He plays tight end and linebacker. He's still trying to find his niche though.

Can it be hard for a young kid to deal with that, when you have an older brother who is very successful and he's trying to make his own way?

Yes, but I think he's pretty good at handling that. He's built for that.

Every week we ask what's playing on your iPod most right now.

Well, actually, my iPod got wiped out.

What happened?

I dropped it. You know, it's all glass. So, I haven't downloaded any music lately. Mostly I've been listening to satellite radio in my car.

So, what are you listening to on there?

Probably anything besides Christmas music. I like something to mellow me out. I like the Jimmy Buffet channel and the country channels, stuff like that so I can kind of chill.

The other weekly question: What website do you visit most?

Probably barstoolsports.com. It's like a blog I look at. They have some funny videos on there.

What's the main draw?

There's a lot of Boston stuff on there, so I started looking at it when I was up there (playing for the Patriots).

One more thing about growing up in Tampa Bay: Were you a Bucs fan?

I was. I used to go to some games. It was definitely neat. They were playing well and went to the Super Bowl and went to the playoffs quite a few times. It was good times.

You saw this team when it was really rolling. So, who was the guy you enjoyed watching the most from those teams?

Probably the (defensive) line. I played D-line in high school. … Simeon Rice and all those guys. It definitely wasn't the offensive line. Not until I got to college (and changed positions).

Were you a big Warren Sapp guy?

Oh, yeah. Everybody liked Sapp.

How old were you when they won the Super Bowl and do you remember that whole experience?

I think I was like a sophomore in high school. It was real neat watching them finally get to the Super Bowl.

Were you on the edge of your seat that night?

Yeah, I was — in the beginning. Then it turned into a blowout.

Now that you're back home, have you re-established relationships after being gone for four years for college?

I was away in college, but there's still some guys who I played with who I see. But I'm not on Facebook or anything, and I have a new phone number. But the people I want to know I definitely can get in touch with.

Energy bills Sepp Blatter North Korea Alliance & Leicester North-west Dorset

No comments:

Post a Comment