Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Five lucky Leicester Mercury readers win iPod and vouchers

Five lucky Leicester Mercury readers have won an iPod and �25 in music vouchers.

In yesterday's paper, we asked our readers to answer a simple question by text message.

Five of those answering correctly were picked at random to receive 8GB iPod nanos and an iTunes gift card.

Among the lucky winners was decorator Ian Farmer, who lives in Rushey Mead, Leicester.

Ian, 64, said: "It's brilliant, I'm really blown away. It's the first thing I've ever won.

"I've entered competitions in the past but never been lucky. It's about time my luck changed."

Ian said he looked forward to enjoying hits of the 60s and 70s on his new iPod, which we delivered to him last night after the competition closed at 7.30pm.

He said: "It'll be nice to listen to some music while I'm out and about and I'll probably get some Rat Pack songs as well.

"I've never had an mp3 player so it's great."

The other winners were Julie Williams, 38, from Anstey; John Cawley, 39, from New Parks, Leicester; Donna Allen, 42, from Glen Parva; and John Richards, 73, from Oadby.

John said: "There is lots of music I'd like to get. I haven't used iTunes before but I've got my computer online and I'll call my grandson to give me a hand."

To enter today's competition to win iTunes vouchers, see page 24 of today's Leicester Mercury.



Source: http://rss.feedsportal.com/c/32715/f/503348/s/11ce76ee/l/0L0Sthisisleicestershire0O0Cnews0CLucky0Ereaders0Ewin0EiPod0Evouchers0Carticle0E31177520Edetail0Carticle0Bhtml/story01.htm

Francesca Panetta Highlands Rihanna Christmas and New Year Australia cricket team US supreme court

No comments:

Post a Comment